Raining Furries
You have not logged in yet. Please log in or register for an account to become apart of the Raining Furries community.
- The Raining Furries Admin team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Raining Furries
You have not logged in yet. Please log in or register for an account to become apart of the Raining Furries community.
- The Raining Furries Admin team.
Raining Furries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raining Furries

A place for Furries to come and gather, share whatever branch of furry-ness they're into and to always have fun.

Hey all, Kin/Luna here, hoping you are all enjoying yourselves! If you are new here, you might notice that the place is a bit dead, but don't worry, I as well as some of the other admins I'm sure are willing to get this place back to it's former awesomeness!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Darkness Consumes (Warning has violence, death and a bit of swearing)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier
Administrator

I wrote this story a few months ago, using it to get my emotions out, I was really upset and angry and decided to take it out on my fursona, how nice of me...
In this Nyy's brother is a spirit and she can see and touch spirits, they can also take control over her and hes after her, he always tourtured her because she wasnt like the other shadow dragons and he wanted her dead.
WARNING: Contains swearing, violence and death, if you dont like that stuff then I implore you do not read.
PS. Italics are thoughts and her shadow monsters can talk to her in her mind.
Enjoy whoever reads it.

The Shadow Dragon sat in the dark cave, breathing slowly and deeply; knowing that each breath drew closer to her end. She blocked out the screaming of her shadow monsters, telling her to run, not to forfeit her life.
‘I have no point in living.’ She said to them. ‘I have nothing. I don’t belong here in this world, in this whole universe. A traitor, an outcast is all that I am. Nothing to keep me alive.’
‘What about your friends?!’ Roxy screamed at her. ‘They love you! Don’t do this to them!’
‘I have to. Because of me they’re in danger. All of them.’ The dragon answered back at the fox. ‘It’s the only way to get them out of it. To keep them safe.’
‘Please don’t do this.’ Her Phoenix Flaminea sobbed.
‘I’m so sorry...’ The dragon whispered.
Nyyrikkia opened her eyes, the iris’s gleaming red and the sound of pain filled screaming tore through her mind as she forced her six shadow monsters to rip away from her soul. The dragon yowled and pain and gripped her head with her paws, a shudder running along her body as they were torn away. She felt so weak. She looked up, panting heavily; her eyes changing back to see her shadow monsters staring at her in shock.
“Nyy!” Her griffin Andor wailed.
“Don’t do this!” Her winged wolf Valko howled.
“Don’t give up on yoursssself!” Slithe the cobra hissed, rearing up to look her in the eye.
“Go!” Nyy growled at them.
“No!” They shouted back, tears sparkling in each of their eyes.
“We won’t let you do this!” Tanis growled, scratching at the floor.
“You’re our best friend!” Andor cried.
“Leave me be.” Nyyrikkia said venomously. “I wish to be alone.”
“What do you expect usssss to do without you Nyy?” Slithe argued.
“You always know what to do!” Flaminea cried through her tears.
“Yeah but now your just being stupid!” Roxy yelled.
“Shut your yap.” Nyy growled at the fox she then looked at her winged wolf. “Valkorein, come over to me please.”
Valko stepped forward, his head bowed. He rested his furred head against her scaled one, looking into her ice blue eyes with his red.
“Nyy.” He said quietly. “You can still run.”
“I’m sick of running.” She replied. “I’m sick of being a coward.”
“You’re not one Nyy. You never have been.” Valko said, his voice starting to waver. “You are the bravest creature I have ever met.”
“Thank you Valko.” The Shadow Dragon said softly. “Now I must ask you to take the others to find Jade and Melanie, I think they’re still in the city and…if you see the others tell them I did this to make sure that their safe.”
“I…I will Nyyri.” Valko said low, he then smiled a little. “Nia’s gonna kill me for letting you do this.”
“Tell her it was my decision.” Nyy smiled slightly. “And tell her that if she does try to kill you then I’ll haunt her for the rest of her life.”
Valko chuckled lightly before turning serious again. “Nyy, contrary to what you believe you will not be forgotten for I will not allow it. You will be missed dearly by everyone that has met you.”
Nyy sighed and brought up her paw and wiped the tears off his muzzle. “There is something else I must ask you to do for me.”
“Anything.” Valko vowed.
“When he comes to kill me, before he does so he will take over my body while I’m still alive and make me kill anybody who is close to my heart. His final act of torture. When that moment comes, when he has taken over me and he forces me to leave this cave to kill the ones I love, I…I need you to kill me.” She then looked away from the winged wolf as she saw the comprehension dawn upon his face and the tears start to fall again.
“Nyy.” Valko whispered horrified. “You honestly can’t expect me to do that.”
She looked back at him, her eyes as hard as ice.
“Valko if you don’t do it then many innocent creatures will die. You have too.”
Valko swallowed and shook his head. “No I can’t, I won’t. I won’t have that resting on my conscious for the rest of my life. That I killed my mistress. There has to be another way-“
“There isn’t Valko. It will only end once I’m eliminated, once my brothers goal is accomplished, then he will vanish into the spirit realm. That’s how it works. I have to protect everyone and this is the only way. If my brother gets a hold of my powers then this planet is doomed for darkness.”
“I know.” Valko said grimly.
She smiled at him weakly. “You may not have to kill me my dear Valko, that shall be the last resort if I don’t succeed in what I plan to do.”
“And that is?” Valko inquired, his face lighting up at the thought of her not dying.
“When Valdimer takes over my body I’m going to try to kill myself with my own shadows.”
“Resulting in your death!” Valko wailed.
She drew him into a hug, holding him close as he cried into her shoulder, wrapping his feathery wings around her. Nyy closed her eyes as she felt her other shadow monsters come up and hugs her. Roxy, Slithe and Tanis crawled up into her back while Flaminea and Andor nuzzled her.
I wish this moment would last forever. She thought.
“Can you all promise me something?” She asked softly, when she heard their agreements she continued. “Please stay together the lot of you.”
“We will.” They replied back, weeping gently.
“I love you all.” Nyy said, tears of her own falling.
The seven of them stayed like that for a few more minutes before pulling away except for Valko and staggered toward the caves mouth distraught. Valko let go regretfully and put one of his large paws under her chin and with the other, wiped the sparkling crystal drops off her snout.
“Stay strong my Valko.” She whispered. “We will meet again one day.”
He nodded. “Fight till the very end my Nyy.”
Valko then licked her cheek before turning away and vanished into the darkness toward the caves entrance.
Nyy then closed her eyes and let the images of her friends run through her mind, their smiling laughing faces, and the fun times that they had spent together. She then flinched as she imagined their horrified reactions to her death.
I’m sorry…I wish you could hear me…
She began to tap a claw against the cave floor, counting the seconds. 5…10…20…30…she started to twitch her tail back and forth, keeping to the beat of the seconds…40…50…60…1 minute…2 minutes…How long will he make me wait?... 3 minutes…4 minutes…5 minutes…6 minutes…7 minutes…she could feel sleep beginning to claim her, she quickly opened her eyes and shook her head, staring into the darkness before closing them again…8 minutes…9 minutes…10 minutes…she had never before felt so alone…11 minutes…12 minutes…13 minutes…14 minutes…she heard a heartbroken howl from outside…Valko…I’m so sorry…She felt so terrible for doing this to her shadow monsters, especially Valko; he being the very first shadow monster she had created and made a connection with. Once she had made a connection with her shadow monsters and established a friendship, they had bound themselves to her soul so that they would be always with her…until now. She had torn them away from her soul so that with her death they wouldn’t perish too, they could now live their own lives as normal animals with the twist of having shadow powers. Have a good life all of you…15 minutes…16 minutes…17 minutes…he should be here soon…18 minutes…19 minutes…20 minutes…21 minutes…22 minutes…23 minutes…24 minutes…25 minutes…she heard something move at the front of the cave and her heart pounded faster…26 minutes…she treasured each last breath she took…27 minutes…she could hear the sound of footsteps approaching slowly…28 minutes…the footsteps stopped and an unnatural harsh wind blew past her, ruffling the fur on her head…finally…
Nyyrikkia slowly opened her eyes to see a jet black dragon standing before her; curiously regarding her with his one red and one black eye. Valdimer tilted his head to the side, a smile playing on the corners of his mouth.
“Do my eyes deceive me?” He sneered. “My little sister has stopped running. I thought that you were going to be a coward for the rest of your life.”
Nyy lifted her chin up. “I’m not the coward brother, you are.”
Valdimer growled, his eyes flashing and a shadow reared up and cut deeply into Nyy’s side. She let out no sign showing her pain, even though it hurt her greatly and the cut started to burn as the poison started. Her brother had mastered putting poison into his shadows that eventually would paralyse her. She suppressed back any shudders that may have coursed through her body, knowing that her brother wanted to see her pain.
“What do you plan?” He drawled. “There’s no one here to protect you.”
“I don’t want or need protecting.” She said. “This ends today.”
Valdimer didn’t reply to that and circled around her, rubbing his body against hers; murring deeply. The second time he circled around her, he split open all the scars that he had given her, collecting her blood on his paws. He stopped in front of her and put his blood stained paws on both sides of her face.
“I don’t have to kill you sis.” He said. “Join me and together with your powers and my cunning we can take over the world, this whole universe.”
Valdimer then lent forward and licked a trail of blood off her neck. She growled and pushed him back.
“I don’t seek world domination.” Nyy hissed. “I would rather die.”
“So be it.” Valdimer said almost regretfully; slipping into a crouch.
He then pounced pushing her roughly back into the cave wall, he lifted up a taloned paw and opened up the scar over her left eye, making it look like she was crying blood tears. She flinched and tried to turn her head away but he held her there, making her look at him.
Valdimer smirked. “You don’t have the will to fight me do you? Whats happened to you Nyyrikkia?”
He then threw her to the floor, raking his claws deep along her back, pulling up some scales as he did. She slumped her head against the floor, waiting for him to take over her body, to fill her with inescapable pain then finally the death blow. Then Valko’s words ran through her mind. Giving her the strength she needed.
“Fight till the very end.'
I will. I will!

Her brother rested his paw on her back and his breath ghosted over her ear.
'Love you sister." He whispered.
"This isn’t love." She hissed at him.
"Then what is you little-" Nyy thrusted out her paw and smashed it into his face and he howled, jumping back and she weakly got to her feet.
"You’re going to fight me now are you?" He growled.
"If I’m going down then I’m going down fighting." Nyy snarled. "Show me what you’ve got older brother."
He hissed and launched at her and they both tumbled backwards, snarling and snapping at the other, talons slashing, tails furiously hitting, fangs dripping blood. Her claws found purchase along his side and kicked at his belly, her claws digging into his flesh. Valdimer roared and plunged his claws into her neck and she whipped at his face with her tail and he brought his foot down, snapping her tail like it was a stick. Nyy whimpered in pure agony, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to keep this up for much longer, her strength was waning, every muscle blazed with pain and felt like lead. She struggled weakly to throw him off her and as she tried Valdimer pushed his paw down on her airway, making more blood squirt out of her neck and onto his face. As she gasped for air her brother turned into a black mist and disappeared into her gaping mouth and down her throat.
‘Your power is mine.’ He whispered in her head. ‘I gave you the choice of joining me but you refused so now I have to force you. Not that I mind.’
He then went searching through her memories and brought forward the happiest and the worst. Tears fell from her eyes as she saw flashes of her friends.
‘Aww. It’s so sad that you’re leaving them.’ Valdimer mocked, taunting at her anguish.
‘You bastard.’ She snarled.
‘Now now. Is that anyway to talk to your older brother?’ He then brought forward a memory of Nyy and Niala laughing happily by a lake. ‘She’ll be the first one to pay with her life as punishment and then the shards of you, Jade and Melanie then all your other friends, can’t forget about your shadow monsters either. The best part is that they won’t suspect a thing.’ Valdimer said gleefully.
‘No!’ Nyy roared as she felt him make her get to her feet, she had no control over her own body and she tried to wildly struggle against him.
‘You can’t win.’ He said almost pityingly as she tried. ‘I have control over you.’
She gritted her teeth. ‘No you don’t.’
The Shadow Dragon drew upon the last of the power and strength she had left in her and her eyes gleamed red, shadows reaching up and swirling around her.
‘No!’ Valdimer screamed. ‘What are you doing?!’
‘No one has control over me!’ Nyy hissed.
Her eyes glowed brighter, dancing like ruby fire and the shadows engulfed her, some slipping down her throat, attacking her brother, she felt some more twist tightly around her heart and other wrap around her neck and begun to squeeze. She didn’t even try to draw breath, knowing that it was useless, her knees buckled and she collapsed to the floor in a shuddering crash, her body starting to spasm. She heard her brothers wailing scream as her was torn out of her body by unseen forces and pulled into the spirit realm, a bright white light flashing through the cave as he disappeared; never to return. The shadows vanished, retreating into the darkness as her eyes changed back and she just lay there in the pool of her own blood, her vision starting to fade, her last breath rattling in her chest.
It’s over…
Before she completely faded away into the eternal sleep waiting for her, she thought she heard the soft sound of mystical like chanting and footsteps and thought she saw a figure appear in the darkness before her but she wasn’t sure…

Thanks for reading my bad story. I'd like to know what you guys thought of it.

Last edited by Nyyrikkia Anikeria on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

Krory Anikeria Ornitier

Krory Anikeria Ornitier

I approve this story it's awesome! And depressing....

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier
Administrator

I know its depressing and thanks krory *smiles* Its good to get feedback

BuddyWolf

BuddyWolf

I thought that was a vary well said story despite how depressing it was. Good show.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JEG3CYZC

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier
Administrator

Thank chu buddy. On the weekend I think I found the perfect song for this story...

Kindran Ornitier

Kindran Ornitier
Administrator

I didn't think it so much depressing as liberating, how the sacrifice of one saved all her loved ones. Very well written

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier

Jadis Anikeria Ornitier
Administrator

Thanks Kin ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum